2022 Summer Competition
Rules for Serica Energy’s Summer Kids Competition
- Serica Energy’s Summer Kids Competition (the "Competition") is open to all UK residents (including residents of the Channel Islands, the Isle Of Man and other British Territories) aged between 4 and 18 years of age on the 03/09/2022 (the closing date for entries) except the children or close relatives of Serica Energy employees or any persons closely connected with the Competition. Serica Energy reserves the right to request proof of age for entrants as well as parent’s or guardian’s consent and necessary state of health. Only one entry per person or team/group may be submitted.
- To enter the Competition entrants must:
- Design an invention that could help make the world a better place, using the UN Sustainable Development Goals for inspiration.
- Give details on how your invention works and how it could help make the world a better place
- Submit a poster or video or model of the invention
- To enter the competition please email the entry to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name, age and name of school of the entrant
- If using a computer programme to design an entry, the design must still be all the entrant's own work. Materials such as clip art or photographs/internet images will disqualify the entry.
- If entrants submit more than one entry, we will judge the first entry received and disregard the others.
- The entry must be the entrant's own original work and not defame nor breach any copyright or contain anything that could be deemed offensive.
- Entrants should ask their parent/guardian's permission to enter the Competition and ensure that they have read the Terms and Conditions.
- By submitting an entry for the Competition, the entrant’s parent/guardian are deemed to have given permission for the entry to be published free of charge by Serica Energy, including print and internet, for all purposes as it wishes. Serica Energy may wish to display entries on their online gallery.
- All entries will be judged in the first instance by senior members of the Serica Energy team. This first judging panel will decide which entries should be put forward to the second stage of judging. The first judging round will select the 10 best entries for each of the following age categories:
Category 1: Entrants aged 8 & under
Category 2: Entrants aged 9-12
Category 3: Entrants aged 13-18
- The second judging stage will look at the 10 best entries for each age category (30 entries in total) and be carried out by a judging panel of representatives from Serica Energy. From the 30 entries, the panel will choose the top entry in each age category (three entries in total). From the top three entries the winner will be chosen and the runners up will be ranked in order of merit.
- Serica Energy’s decision as to the winner is final. No correspondence relating to the Competition will be entered into.
- Serica Energy reserves the right to cancel the Competition or change any of these rules at any stage if deemed necessary in its opinion or if circumstances arise outside of its control. Any such changes will be duly communicated. Serica Energy cannot be held responsible for any unforeseen events relating to, or the cancellation of any related element of this Competition outside of the control of Serica Energy.
- Serica Energy accepts no liability for any damage, loss, liabilities (including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damage) injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Competition, not being able to enter into the Competition or accepting any of the prizes. Nothing shall exclude the liability of Serica Energy for (i) fraud, (ii) for death or personal injury as a result of that party's negligence, or (iii) any other cause of action which cannot be limited or excluded under applicable law. In no event shall Serica Energy’s total liability to you for all damages, losses, or causes of action exceed the price of the relevant prize.
- If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive, remain in full force and effect.