Bruce, Keith and Rhum
As operator, Serica has invested in its assets and increased production
Bruce, Keith & Rhum
Serica is owner and operator of the Bruce (98%), Keith (100%) and Rhum (50%) assets consisting of over 25 wells, three bridge-linked platforms and extensive subsea pipelines and infrastructure that tie-in Rhum, Keith and the Western Area of Bruce to the Bruce facilities. Collectively, these assets provide a significant contribution to the UK gas demands.
The Bruce field is a producing asset located in blocks 9/9a, 9/8a and 9/9b in the Northern North Sea.
- Average production of around 6,900 boe/d net to Serica in 2022
- Gas exported via the Frigg pipeline to the St Fergus terminal and liquids exported via the Forties Pipeline System
- Comprised of three linked platforms:
- Production Utilities Quarters Platform with quarters for crew (max. 168 persons)
- Drilling Platform
- Compression/Reception Platform which hosts reception and compression facilities
- Combination of platform wells and Western Area Development subsea tie-back
Partners: Serica (operator) 98%, BP 1%, Total 1%
Bruce 2022 production net to Serica
The Keith oil field is located in block 9/8a in the Northern North Sea, 6.4 km to the southwest of Bruce. The well is currently shut in whilst a well intervention is being planned.
- Single well subsea tie-back to Bruce
Partners: Serica (operator) 100%
The Rhum gas field is located in block 3/29a, 44km north of Bruce and is a subsea development tied back to the Bruce platform via an insulated pipeline. Rhum is a strategic UK gas asset with significant upside potential.
- Three subsea producing wells, R1, R2 and R3, with average production around 15,700 boe/d net to Serica in 2022
- R3, was worked over during 2021 and added to Rhum’s production capability
- High quality reservoir displaying ‘tank’ characteristics
- High pressure, high temperature reservoir
Partners: Serica (operator) 50%, IOC (UK) Limited 50%
Rhum 2022 production net to Serica