Serica Energy plc Oil & Gas Staff
Location: Aberdeen UK AB15 6BY Hill of Rubislaw
Date Posted: 19 June 2020
Closing Date: 24 July 2020
Reports to: HSEQ Manager
Role PurposeThe HSEQ adviser provides advice, challenge, and guidance to the organisation to deliver safe, compliant, and environmentally responsible operations. The adviser monitors and maintains safety management system to drive regulatory compliance, contributes to strategic improvement and drives safe behaviours to ensure the business is informed and focused on managing and reducing risk.
Working in a small, flexible team, the role covers all areas of Serica’s business, and the advisor should be willing and prepared to support the wider HSEQ team when required.
Areas of Responsibility
Geographical Span: Serica Assets- UKCS
Budgetary Responsibilities: No
Direct Reports: No
Travel Required: Occasional as required
Main TasksPlease note that this list of duties is not exhaustive, and employees will be expected to undertake reasonable duties commensurate of their role and grade.
- Collate, analyse and report HSEQ data
- Establish and implement safety programmes and initiatives to improve personal and process safety
- Drive continuous improvement in HSEQ performance
- Provide advice on Quality Management
- Provide technical expertise regarding compliance with the company management system and relevant regulatory requirements
- Mange the provision and testing of Emergency Response capability
- Support the identification and assessment of risk to ensure that workplace/operational hazards are properly documented and controlled
- Provide technical support in the development of HSEQ procedures
- Lead and participate in investigations
- Provide QA/QC of investigation findings and corrective actions
- Conduct HSEQ related self-verification, formal technical assessments and audits
- Contribute to development of the annual H&S verification programme
- Act as document custodian for relevant procedures and performance standards
- Liaise with contractors on HSEQ matters
- Advise on Occupational Health matters. (Noise, COSHH, Asbestos, Radiation, etc.)
- Support identification and development of HSE training needs
- Support HSE / regulator inspections, response actions, and maintenance of safety cases
- Considerable operational experience in Oil and Gas or similar high hazard industry
- Technical knowledge and experience in hazard identification, with detailed knowledge of HSE practices, and procedures.
- Creation and delivery of safety improvement programmes
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in UK legislative framework
- Management of internal and external stakeholders
- Quality management experience
- Incident Investigation
- Experience in Emergency Response
- Capable of working and collaborating effectively in both an office environment and remotely (home working).
- Experience in SEMS management
- Audit experience
- Able to work unsupervised and manage conflicting priorities
- Must be willing to travel offshore occasionally
- IOSH Graduate member required (Chartered member preferred)
- NEBOSH General Certificate or similar qualification.
- Degree in Engineering, Science, HSE related preferred
- Radiation Protection Supervisor